Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Parents Attend Capoeira Graduation

Congratulations to the graduates of the Capoeira After-School Program!  When asked what she likes about Capoeira, third grader Aliyah said, "I saw the video of people kicking and I like to kick".  Judany, from class 520 said, "I enjoy everything!  I like cartwheels and excercise...I go to the park and run.  The instructor teaches me cartwheels."

On Friday, February 3rd, nearly forty students from 3rd, 4th and 5th grade received certificates, presented the moves that they learned and celebrated their achievements in front of students, parents and special guests.  A very special thank you goes to Dance Brazil instructors Paulo "Chuvisco" Silva and Angelo "Gafa" Ribeiro for teaching our students this beautiful Brazilian style of martial arts and dance.  See the musical postcard below for some photos taken by Mr. Ovalle, who hosted the event.

Click to play this Smilebox collage
Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox
Free picture collage created with Smilebox

No comments: