|Mr. Fuentes, PS4's Bilingual Social Worker gives parents suggestions on how to eat well and be well.|
Mr. Fuentes reminded parents that there’s no great secret to healthy eating. Here are some suggestions to help your children and family develop healthy eating habits:
- Provide plenty of vegetables, fruits, and whole-grain products.
- Include low-fat or non-fat milk or dairy products.
- Choose lean meats, poultry, fish, lentils, and beans for protein.
- Serve reasonably-sized portions.
- Encourage your family to drink lots of water.
- Limit sugar-sweetened beverages.
- Limit consumption of sugar and saturated fat.
|A colorful visual of the 5 food groups.|