|Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. said his 'I Have A Dream' speech on August 28, 1963.|
"I have a dream that little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character" is what Dr. King told an audience of millions in August of the year 1963. As America continues to struggle with racism, students at PS4 honored the great man by listening to presentations by our students and inducting fifteen new members of our National Elementary Honor Society. Hosted by our Social Studies Teacher, Mr. Harris, this celebration included students reading excerpts from Dr. King's most famous speeches:
- Nobel Peace Prize Acceptance Speech (December 10, 1964)
- Montgomery Bus Boycott Speech (December 5, 1955)
- I've Been to the Mountaintop Speech (April 3, 1968)
- Letters From A Birmingham Jail (April 16, 1963)
- Brainpop.com - Martin Luther King, Jr. (VIDEO)
- Time For Kids - Honoring King's Dream (VIDEO)
- Social Studies for Kids - Martin Luther King, Jr.
|Ms. Lennon with the new members of the National Elementary Honor Society.|
|Kasiyah O. (502) sings 'Conqueror' by Estelle.|
MLK Jr. Celebration - Ellington Poets from PS4M on Vimeo.