- Choose an outdoor summer movie at one of the many NYC Parks!
- See the world's largest dinosaurs at the American Museum of Natural History!
- Use your detective skills at the NYC Police Museum.
- Kayak down the Hudson River for free!
- Visit a real submarine at the Intrepid Museum.
- Enjoy a free performance in Spanish and English!
- Crawl like a turtle and hop like a frog at the Bronx Zoo.
- Stay cool by ice skating at Chelsea Piers.
- Have a picnic and visit the Little Red Lighthouse at Fort Washington Park.
- Visit Manhattan's oldest house located in Washington Heights.
- Go roller skating at Riverbank State Park!
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables from your local farmers market.
Thursday, August 18, 2011
It's Almost That Time of Year, Again!
With the new school year quickly approaching, blog editors wanted to give you some suggestions about how to spend the last few weeks of summer vacation. So, get your metro-cards ready and visit some of these family-friendly activities close to your neighborhood!