Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Meet the Assistant Principals: Ms. Martin

As we continue to learn about the talented staff of PS4, the editors of The Duke Ellington Express wanted to highlight the leadership of our wonderful school by sharing a few pieces of information about our assistant principals. This week, it's all about Ms. Martin!

Did you know that Ms. Martin was born in Cuba? Her family moved to this country when she was three years old. She lived in Hoboken, New Jersey with her aunt and then moved to the Bronx. Ms. Martin is married and has a daughter who attends Syracuse University.

Ms. Martin has always wanted to be a teacher. "My Mom was my role model", she says,"she inspired me to go into teaching". After attending Hunter College, she went to Adelphi University and the College of St. Rose to become an assistant principal. "I love being an assistant principal", she says,"because even on my worst day, the students make me happy".

So, what does Ms. Martin do when she's not working? "My most memorable vacation was to Turks and Caicos, but my favorite vacation spot is the Dominican Republic". "The people [of both countries] are so friendly".

Now, you know a little bit more about Ms. Martin and Mr. Polubiec! Next up...Mr. Batiz!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have known Ms.Martin for at least 9 years during which she has been the best colleague, friend and coworker anyone could hope for. She is always ready to share her tremendous knowledge and she is a great role model for all of us. She has made a HUGE impact on very many students and parents of PS4 and I am very fortunate to work alongside Ms.Martin.

Anonymous said...

Wow I didnt know anything but Ms.Martin was born in Cuba.